For those who are looking for online English - Myanmar Dictionary, here are the sites I found quite useful. They are not complete but I reckon they have done a great job.
- English Myanmar Dictionary (All Channel) (To download software, visit here)
- Planet Dictionary
- Ayinepan Dictionary
- English Burmese English Dictionary
- English Myanmar Translator & Dictionary Software
Please share with me if you know any other good sites too. Thanks!!!
A few days ago, my PC got infected with a Trojan Horse. It kind of bypassed Trend Micro Officescan. Trend Micro could only detect and block the internet access for the Trojan, but it didn't remove the virus.
So I downloaded AVG Anti-Virus Free version and scanned the PC. AVG detected the virus (Trojan Horse PSW.Agent.7.L , a type of Win32 Trojan W32.Popwin by Symantec Norton's term, in the form of auto.exe) in all partitions and USB drives too, and it removed them. However, I had to remove other associated files and fix the registry settings manually. It took me many hours to remove it.
The symptoms of the Trojan are:
- A pop up might show up unusually from a pop-up free site such as Google.
- A warning message asking you to install a spyware detection tool might come up.
- If you check the process list by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete, you will see a process with 8 random character name.
- When you right-click your hard drives, the first item you see is "Auto" instead of "Open".
- You cannot view hidden files by changing the settings from Tools >> Folder Options >> View >> check "Show hidden files and folders". It will go back to "Do not show hidden files and folders" option as soon as you close the Folder Options.
The steps to remove the Trojan are:
- Download and install AVG Anti-Virus for Free.
- Scan your pc including all partitions/drives/USB keys. That will delete the viruses including auto.exe , and will solve the symptoms 1-3. You need to fix the rest of the symptoms manually. If you click on C:\ drive "Choose Program" dialogue box will appear instead of opening the drive.
- From Start >> Run >> type regedit. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL and right-click on CheckedValue and choose Modify. Change the value to 1 (it may be set by the virus to 2).
- Now you should be able to view hidden files by changing the settings from Tools >> Folder Options >> View >> check "Show hidden files and folders".
- Go to C:\ drive by right-click >> Explore. Delete autorun.inf. Repeat it for all other drives.
- Alternatively you can run command prompt and go to C:\ drive. Then type "attrib" without the quotes. Then you will find autorun.inf and can remove it.
Now your PC should be free from the Trojan. Anyway, prevention is better than cure so make sure you install a good anti-virus software (I'm very happy with AVG). Create an image of your system by using Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image so that you can easily restore your PC in a few minutes.
Security scanners that can see through passengers' clothing and reveal details such as their sex organs, colostomy bags and breast size, are being installed in 10 US airports.
A random selection of travellers getting ready to board airplanes in Washington, New York's Kennedy, Los Angeles and other key hubs will be shut in the glass booths while a three-dimensional image is made of their body beneath their clothes.
While it allows the security screeners - looking at the images in a separate room - to clearly see the passenger's sexual organs as well as other details of their bodies, the passenger's face is blurred, TSA said.
TSA foresees 30 of the machines installed across the country by the end of 2008. In Europe, Amsterdam's Schipol airport is already using the scanners.
I think there is always a trade-off between security and privacy. I hope they know what they are doing.
I found it quite frustrating to find Myanmar fonts (Burmese fonts) when I needed. You might get one or two here and there. So I've compiled a list of Myanmar fonts. Although it's not complete, I hope you will find it quite helpful.
Fonts included in the zip file are:
Win Han Pagan
Download from here