Today I found Searchles Platform when I was looking for a widget for related posts. As soon as I read about their "related posts" widget or "related content widget", I was hooked.

Searchles PlatformI've been looking for a related posts widget to install in my blog. But I found some javascript widgets only that use labels to look for related posts. Although it may be better than not having anything at all, I am not 100% impressed with the idea of using labels for that. If I want to use it, I will have to stop using generic labels such as "tips". Another downside is I would need some tweaking with the scripts and they may not work well.

On the other hand, Searchles' related posts widget doesn't require any tweaking from my side except choosing colours, sizes, etc. Besides they don't use labels or tags. They determine relevancy by spidering your site's content. It works pretty well as you can see in the picture below. The best thing is you can get stats about visits from related post links.

Related post sample of Swan BrosHere is how they describe the Searchles Discovery Platform.

The Searchles Discovery Platform is the culmination of all the Searchles/ Dumbfind technology that has been building over the years. To kick off the platform we have released a related content widget aimed at blogs and content websites looking to make their sites a bit more sticky. Over the coming months, we will be releasing more widgets to build out a suite of products designed to make your users stay put, and hopefully earn you some money along the way!
I think this is by far the best related posts widget and the easiest to install too. It's good for Blogger, Wordpress, etc and forums too.

Bookmark and Share






3 comments

  1. KMc // March 21, 2009 4:45 am  

    Hi Swanie - thanks for the nice write-up about our widget! We're glad it's working well for you - great job customizing it to your site.

    Best,

    Kim McKee
    kmckee@searchles.com

  2. Swanie // March 21, 2009 11:27 pm  

    Hi Kim,

    Thank you and thanks to Searchles for such a great widget. I'm looking forward to more widgets like that.

    Cheers,

    Swanie

  3. Anonymous // August 22, 2009 4:41 am  

    For wordpress blogs, I have not seen a plugin better than http://www.sutlej.net/downloads/best-related-posts/