How much is your blog worth

Posted by Swanie | 5.11.05 | | 0 comments »

A few weeks ago, I found a tool at Business Opportunities Blog powered by Technorati to calculate how much your blog is worth. Many bloggers have been quite excited to check their blogs' worth. So I wondered what's so exciting about it and gave a try to check some big bloggers

www.problogger.net is worth $0.00
Hmm, the Problogger receives 20,000+ unique visits every day and it's Alexa rank is 9471 when I'm writing this.

So I tried Google.com and here is the result.
www.google.com is worth $99,720,910.14

I think the results are very ridiculous. I would have been happy to pay a lot more than that (since google is a multi-billion dollar bussiness now) for both sites. Checking how much a web site is worth is not as simple as a click of a button. Even two sites receiving the same monthly traffic may not be worth equally. Neither can links alone approximate the price.

So my conclusion is there is nothing to be thrilled about this tool. It can't give any figure no where near true worth in most cases. It's just another fun game.

Bookmark and Share






0 comments